SWOT stands for Strengths - Weaknesses - Opportunities - Threats
Strengths and weaknesses are internal; they relate to your personality and talents; what you can bring to the work you do (or want to do), and where you may experience difficulties.
Opportunities and threats are external; they relate to what you can expect to be offered in terms of career progression, training and development, management and leadership, but also limitations that are out of your control, e.g. changes in the professions, at the workplace, company, organisation etc.
1. Present Situation - Eight of Swords
2. Strengths - Queen of Pentacles
3. Weaknesses - The Chariot
4. Opportunities - Strength
5. Threats - Three of Wands
6. Next Step - Knight of Pentacles
1. The Eight of Swords suggests limitations and restrictions in the current work/career environment.Feelings of frustration about being stifled and blocked. At the same time, this also seems like a comfort zone; familiarity with the difficulties encountered, which are used as protection against unknown possibilities. Fear of change, which needs to be overcome.
2. Queen of Pentacles strengths: reliable, practical, hands-on approach, productive, efficient, disciplined, taking pride in her work and loving it; creative; patient and determined to succeed. Enjoys working on her own, but can also be a nurturing and supportive leader.
3. Chariot weaknesses: restless, getting easily bored, sometimes ruled by emotions, moody, clingy, insecure, disliking change and upheaval, can get stressed easily, lacking control and foresight; giving up quickly, not persevering.
4. Strength opportunities: an inspiring manager, mentor or guide may offer opportunities in developing confidence and leadership qualities; possibilities of promotion and a strong position in the future.
5. Three of Wands threats: aspirations and ambitious goals may be out of reach; unrealistic expectations, misjudgement, lack of focus and direction; business may not achieve success it hoped for; slow reaction to changing markets and demands.
6. The Knight of Pentacles suggests to stay put, but also be open-minded about the future; keep watching changing markets, economy, within the workplace and changes of customers' needs and demands; act quickly, if necessary. Short-term there are good opportunities to hone skills, knowledge and experience to become more confident to make a move when the time is right. Investing in training and perhaps even a mentor will sow the seeds for accelerating career advancement. Utilise strengths to alleviate weaknesses; try to avoid moodiness and find ways to relax and unwind to increase resilience when under pressure. Patience, hard work, determination and perseverance will pay off.
As you can see, the SWOT analysis spread can give some useful insight. Why don't you give it a try to assess your work situation?
If you have just started learning the Tarot, you may want to use my ebook as a guide to help you interpret the cards. Alternatively, you can request a career reading by e-mail.
Transform your life this year:
Tarot Readings - Insightful guidance when you need it
Learn Tarot - A magickal, inspirational tool for life.